About Terry Hart
He currently resides in Pennsylvania, where he has passed the February 2012 state bar exam and is awaiting becoming licensed.
Prior to law school, Hart worked as a media monitor and mobile disc jockey.
About this site
Copyhype provides news and info on current developments relating to copyright law, the media industries, and the digital economy. It cuts through the hype to bring reasoned discussion aimed at both legal and nonlegal audiences.
In 2011, Copyhype was named by the ABA Journal as one of the top 100 legal blogs in the U.S.
Social Media Links
Copyhype has been mentioned in numerous blogs, newspapers, and other media. In addition, Terry Hart has personally appeared as a source in the following articles:
- Asher Hawkins, Raskally fellows: Are copyright infringers “pirates” and “thieves”? Ars Technica (April 19, 2012).
- Jeremy Shulkin, Fight for the Future, Worcester Mag (Nov. 9, 2011).
- Tove Danovich, Lawmakers Push to Protect Music Industry Online, The New School Free Press (Nov. 1, 2010).
Publications and Research
- Terry Hart, Stop Online Piracy Act and the DMCA, Intellectual Property Counselor, number 182 (Feb 2012).
- Legal research — Robert Levine, Free Ride: How Digital Parasites are Destroying the Culture Business, and How the Culture Business Can Fight Back (Doubleday, 2011)
- Terry Hart, Copyright Reform Step Zero, 19 Information & Communications Technology Law 147 (2010).